Return to Website

Grannyfaith Message Board

Grannyfaith Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Out of Sewason Sharing From Joni and Friends

Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction.
-- 2 Timothy 4:2
It's easy to witness when it's easy. You wake up to a bright day brimming with possibilities, spiritual energy surging as you breeze out the door, giving your smile and a "God bless you" to everyone you encounter. You're stout-hearted, you feel good, and God has never seemed so gracious. You're happy that neither headache, heartache, or backache distract you from freely offering words of witness. You are, as they say, witnessing "in season."

Then there are "out of season" days. Your shoulders sag, your heart feels dry, and you wonder if God has abandoned you for some more happy-spirited Christian. Before the day hardly begins, you write it off, promising God you'll be back in action tomorrow, or at least by Sunday. You slump into retreat, hoping no one passes your car and "honks because they know Jesus." You're just not up for encouraging others in Christ.

But God is. He wants you to encourage and instruct "in season and out of season," whether you're up for it or not. In fact, he may use those unseasonable moments more powerfully than the easy ones. God always honors gutsy faith, sacrificial service and tough love. He is glorified when you push through the doldrums, shake off the fog, and shine his love. Sharing Christ "out of season" shows a real lived-out human act of preference for him.

Are you "out of season" today, intending to take a break and some time off from encouraging others in Christ? Don't allow your emotions or the day's events to deter you from sharing the Word. The season may not seem opportune, but with Christ, it always is. Encourage and instruct!

Lord, will you please be my energy today? Will you be my strength? Lend me your words, your attitude, and your desire. Help me to be your witness, no matter what the circumstances. I may be out of season, but I take you at your Word. I'm ready.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends