Grannyfaith Message Board

Grannyfaith Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Afternoon Blessings Have God Bless u all

Jesus Pictures, Images and Photos

What We Meant to Do

But Abraham said, "Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented."
Luke 16:25

Recommended Reading
Luke 16:19-31

Though he was probably not the first to say it, eighteenth-century British literary icon Samuel Johnson is given credit for observing that "Hell is paved with good intentions." Someone along the way added "The road to" at the beginning of the proverb, giving us today's familiar form.

It's a chilling thought--the road to hell being paved with the "I meant to's" of people who put off accepting Christ until it was too late. But even if we have accepted Christ and are bound for heaven, we can still be guilty of having to say to the Lord, "I'm sorry--I meant to . . . " We all know the excruciating experience of the apostle Peter denying his faith in Christ three times. We can almost hear him saying, "I'm sorry, Lord. I meant to be strong and not succumb to fear." While God's forgiveness never fails, the truth remains that the past cannot be undone. And the echoes of "I meant to" will follow us throughout this life.

If there are things you have meant to do for Christ or kin, but have put off, begin doing them today!

Pride is the devil's dragnet, in which he takes more fish than in any other, except procrastination.
C. H. Spurgeon