www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Ecuadorean Railroad

It is with sincere gratitude that I write to thank the gentleman (whose name I unfortunately forget) who visited Ecuador this past year & did an EXCELLENT job of providing an in-depth analysis & photographs of the current state of the Ecuadorean railroad. As a citizen of Ecuador currently residing in the U.S., it brought me joy to see the numerous photos taken of what I thought were inoperable sections (that I thought would never see railway service again) which indeed carried railcars or trains. As the writer discovered & noted, politics & money (but I really believe more of the former) have ruined what could potentially be a marvelous tourist transportation system that could generate needed employment & revenue for various parts of the country as well as provide an atypical mode of transportation for those visiting South America (i.e. riding on the roof). I myself was raised in a town where the railroad literally passes in front of the doorsteps to my house (The last train tooted its horn nearly 10 years ago). I commend the gentleman for his interest & would enjoy talking to him via e-mail to get further information about his experience. Many, many thanks for bringing much-needed attention to Ecuador & its train system.

Javier
(from near Ibarra, Ecuador)