www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SNG375 smoking problem

Michael,

The smoking problem on SNG375 is due to an ill fitting piece of flexi pipe on the exhaust system, done by it's previous owner that i aquired it from.

Basically the owner replaced a damaged section of exhaust with the usual flexi pipe, however he thought one size fits all and bought too small a size, which meant the diameter of flexi pipe he had sat inside the two portions of exhaust pipe, not tightly over.

So what did he do, yep e fitted the pipe so it sat inside, thus resulting is still the exhaust blowing and smoking up into the engine compartment.

When i was over n Feb and i started up SNG375, i should have remembered 'DO NOT START IT WITH TE ENGINE FLOOR TRAP UP'.

The problem can be solved by obtaining the correct diameter of flexi pipe.

Re: SNG375 smoking problem

Did you try a nicotine patch? Some of them can be very good.

Also if its smoking inside ask it to go outside cos of the smoking ban.

HTH,
Alan