www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

Can anyone provide me with any details about RE ex 2192? Ie does anyone know what engine is in it? ( i mean what number is stamped on the engine from Ulsterbus/Citybus.)

Many thanks in advance ( i have a reason to enquire )

Thanks!

Ben

Re: 2192 Engine Number

The engine is obviously a Gardner but what serial is another matter. The bus is latterly Bus Eireann BG 36 and when down in the depot tomorrow I will have a look and see if I can find the engine number which is not the easiest on a Bristol. Will post when I find out.

Michael Grimes

Re: Re: 2192 Engine Number

There should be a wee brass plate on it placed there with by Citybus or Ulsterbus denoting the vehicles original fleet number. Should be on the top of the block. As it turns out we have managed to acquire 2192's original engine

2192 Engine Number

Its pouring cats and dogs here this weekend but once I get a chance I will verify.

We have a Maidstone and District Bedford due today so if it is dry I will have a look.

Michael Grimes

Re: 2192 Engine Number

Any further idea on what fleet number is stamped on the above named vehicle?