www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

Forum: www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Arson Attack

Hi Martin,

Yes i remember you contacting me about a certain Lynx. I've known Michael since 2005 and from personal experience he is a great guy and does try to go out his way to help you, for that reason i have always been honest with him and will not rip him off like some others have done in the past.

When i received a text from Michael just after 6am in the morning telling me what had happened (was in Leeds that weekend engaged on a photoshoot) i really did not know what to make of what i was hearing. My initial reaction was either mindless vandals had gotten into the museum and set buses alight, or when Michael mentioned the office was also burnt, that some electrical fire had started in the office and had spread to the buses parked very close by.!!

Once i started to read statements on the site such as 'Bombs', 'Fuses', 'Detonators' etc, then it did really start to get to me that this was not a random act, but obviously something that had been planned to cause maximum damage and disruption to Michael, which therefor makes me want to question do i really want to actually go back to the museum on the grounds that i don't really know what i'm getting involved with with regarding those determined to carry out such attacks.

From a personal point of view, when i'm over, which can be from a week to nearly two weeks, i usually stay on site in the museum grounds. You can imagine how scary that can be staying out in the middle of nowhere all by yourself at times. That said, it's not been unknown for me to take a late night wander round the yard in the car just to check everything is ok. The question i have to ask myself is 'What if this happened when i was over and stumbled across the act' and if you are dealing with people into 'Bombs', 'Fuses', 'Detonators' then what else could they do - that alone is not worth thinking about, especially when you are on your own in the middle of nowhere and cut off.!!!

I'm sure Michael himself will understand fully how i feel as what has happened just does not affect Michael, but those of us willing to give up time to help out at the museum. If this is some sort of statement aimed at Michael collecting buses from the north and bringing them south, then those of us bringing them south and also working on them could also be as much targets - i really hope this is not the case, but as things are at the moment we just do not know and its all speculation.

Ross

Re: Arson Attack - by Martin Gould - Jun 23, 2011 1:35am
Re: Arson Attack - by Ross - Jun 23, 2011 11:15am
Re: Arson Attack - by Martin Gould - Jun 28, 2011 12:39pm
Re: Arson Attack - by Kieran, Derry - Jul 6, 2011 3:12pm