www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thorne's of Selby

Michael,

VHO 200 is a Seddon Mk.19, not an AEC (although it does have an AEC engine) - it has a Harrington Wayfarer body and was new to Creamline Motor Services, Bordon, Hampshire in 1959. Thornes' have had it since 1961.

It is thought to be unique in that of approximately 30 chassis built all except this one were left hand drive for export. This particular chassis was exhibited at the 1958 Commercial Vehicle Show at Earls Court and then subsequently bodied by Harrington to the order of Creamline.

Re: Thorne's of Selby

Thanks Howard for the correction. It was my mistake in that I did indeed see the Seddon steering wheel and meant to look at the chassis but it was raining such cats and dogs that I did not have a chance.

It was the AEC engine which made me think it was an AEC.

Any idea what engines went into the 30 chassis? Were they all AEC? Even more to the point, do any others survive?

Michael Grimes