www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WE NEED TO SAVE MARK 1 GOLDLINERS

HI PHILL BUT THE KELLS TRANSPORT MUSEUM HAS A GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH ULSTERBUS AND IF THET WANT A MARK 1 THEY WILL GET ONE.

PHILL YOU SEEM TO BE VERY UNHELPFUL TO THE KELLS TRANSPORT MUSEUM. I HAVE NOTICED IN THE PAST THAT WHEN A GOOD TIGER WAS RECOMANDED FOR THE MUSEUM YOU ALWAYS SAID IT WAS A BIG PILE OF RUBBISH EVEN IF THE BUS WAS BASED IN DEPOTS LIKE OMAGH OR BALLYMENA AND WHEN YOU LIVE IN A PLACE LIKE NOWTOWNARDS OR PARTAFERRY OR SOME PLACE LIKE THAT THERE. I DONT THINK YOU HAVE EVER BEEN TO BALLYMENA OR OMAGH BEFORE NEVER MIND KNOW WHAT THERE BUSES ARE LIKE.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SEND ALL THE MARK 1 GOLDLINERS FOR SCRAP. BUSES THAT ARE IN WORSE CONDITION HAVE BEEN BOUGHT FOR PRESERVATION.

GOOD BUSES HAVE GONE TO HAMILL WHILE REAL CRAP HEAPS HAVE BEEN PRESERVED. LOOK AT THE RECENT HAMILL PHOTOS AND YOU WILL SEE GOOD BUSES LIKE 455, 1217, 1142, 1272, 1153, 1154 BEING SCRAPPED WHILE RUBBISH IS PRESERVED. THINGS JUST DONT ADD UP.

Re: WE NEED TO SAVE MARK 1 GOLDLINERS

I think i was told by Mr Grimes a few times that I had been quite helpful, There are people who seem very good at sitting and saying that buses are good, are these people are those that either havent had a good look underneath or those that dont work on them.

Alot of Omagh Tigers will never have done alot of work, and by that i mean work all day everyday, without stopping, This has been know to cause Tigers problems,
N types seem to have a big weak link, and that is there Air system, now if a Tiger comes from a depot were it does little work, or only works short runs then the Air system seem to start to give bother.
To be honest, that is the last thing that the Kells will want, because they have enough hastle running round after other buses.

Now, back to your first comment, If you are willing to preseume that I have never been to Ballymena depot and had a look at SOME of there buses, then you clearly dont no me, and why wont you use your real name?
Newtownards buses are well worked, and as so prove to give little bother, I no they maybe not the best inside, but underneath they are better than buses that come from some depots.

I am not putting down all BM or OM buses but, all I have said is that the ones I have looked at have been rough. They are good inside, but underneath they need alot of work done.

But sure this is only my opinion, and there are others who seem to know better, or think that they know better.

Aw well shows how well people take other peoples personal opinions

Phill ( Note this is my REAL name unlike other people)