www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ulsterbus Tigers that are good from our Depot

If you want to know good Tigers here are my suggestions from Coleraine Depot. You already have one ex Coleraine Tiger, Fleet Number 460 (JNZ 7487) which used to be out in Ballymoney sub depot.

I would agree sub depot buses like the Portglenone buses you talk about are usually the best and from Coleraine are 2 best Tigers would be 1273 and 1288.

Reasons for selection. 1273 is a Kilrea bus from new. Always well looked after and one of the few Ulsterbuses to be parked inside every night. It has skybreaker wings and it very strange in that it still has fiberglass seats at the back and is really a joy to drive.

1288 was looked after by one driver for many years at Bushmills, the home of the world famous Old Busmills Wiskey parked across the road from it for many a year. 1288 also a great wee bus to drive and has skybreaker wings as well.

I hope you manage to get 1273 and 1288. From your own 460 I am sure you will see Coleraine buses are good.