www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Easy known I was away!

I 100% agree with these two posts. Password system is the best.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Easy known I was away!

Again I must agree with the above postings, and ask that a password system is introduced.
I am interested in preservation and have some items to offer that could become useful, but half the time, i don't know which postings are real or which are not, and I am not willing to supply my e-mail address,(visible to all), because of the resulting junk mail that tends to follow.

I hope that a password system is therefore introduced sooner rather than later.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Easy known I was away!

here here, introduce a password system. Quite simply the genuine posters are not willing to make their e-mail address public.

Re:

I think the easiest way to manage the message board would be to move it to a forum based system like a BB bulletin board or yuku board etc, where you have to be a registered member to post or even view the messages if thats what you choose.

I operate a message board on Freeforums.org, which has about 30 members, its for fellow employees only of the company I work for, and everyone has to be registered to even view the board.

I know its a bit strict sounding - but it does away with all the childish ramblings of the mentally disturbed that seem to be attracted here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Easy known I was away!

Yes, as a genuine poster, i have no problems with signing up to log in to the board.

The main problem with the board at the moment is that anyone can post a message but post with any name and email of their choice thus making themselves out to be a genuine poster (such as Stephen, Francis, myself etc). A signup would do away with that option and the poster would have to post under their sign-up alias.

Lets go for the sign up ASAP, to sit and do nothing is just encouraging these idiots to post more & more and discourage the genuine members from posting. I'm actually wondering how many lurkers are out there whom do view this board but have never posted and are too scared to post with what goes on with the idiots and their postings.

I vote for a Sign-up/Log-In system.

Ross

Re: Easy known I was away!

Michael was quoted as saying:

---
"I hope this will work but if it does not then we will have to institute a password system which I do not want to do."
---

Michael, you may not want to institute a password system because you do not wish to inconvenience the many on this board at the expense of a mindless few, but if this is what we genuine posters want, then there is no point in holding back.

If it is the problem is setting up and managing such a system, why not ditch the message board in favour of a Yahoo Group instead. You can set up such a group with various options that either allow all messages from anyone need to be approved first, or all message do not need to be approved first but you have the option of putting suspect members on moderation so their messages need approved.

Just an option to maybe consider as myself & Kenny operate a couple of Yahoo Groups ourselves.

Ross