www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

Michael,

Even if you go on your proposals listed above you would be missing an example of an ex Express Tiger. I know you said before you could not see much difference in for example 1130 and 1143 but when you see them in the flesh they are very different machines. Will see if I can get some shots of 1130.

Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

http://busesireland.fotopic.net/p47004155.html

See link - pay particular attention to the front and rear side windows. 1130 is also a 62 seater rather than the standard 53 seater link 1122 and 1143.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

1130 is a ruff one, there is better lyin in Hamill's There is far better out there to be had and how about preserving vehicles elsewhere in the fleet other than Ballymena.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

I would have to agree with that last post, there are better buses out there than some of the Ballymena ones.

If your looking for 4xx i would seriously consider 440 which is in good nick inside and out, recently refloored and the bus never sat still when it came back to ards. This to me suggests if you get drivers that like it then there must be something about it. Underneath is very good also and 440 would be a good buy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

Phill your mad!

How can you say a bus in Newtownards is better looked after than a bus from Ballymena - you will have given everyone at Ulsterbus a good laugh with that statement as Newtownards buses are well know for being rubbish. 440 was looked after in Armagh and Coleraine - if Newtownards had it all its days it would be scrap.

I would like to know what better buses than 1130 went for scrap - I would find this hard to believe. I think guys like Phill just don't like to see the Kells Transport Museum getting good buses.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

Answer this question Alan, do you have any mechanical knowledge and know what you are talking about? Have you actually been to Hamill's and seen first hand the examples which are soon to be scrapped. 1082 comes to mind for one example. 1130 has seen a hard life and shows it, and yes I have looked at it. 460 is a better express example and one I would recommend.

From your comments on this board you obviously think that the sun shines out of Ballymena buses and that the every BM tiger needs to be saved. There is a world outside Ballymena and I suggest you go look at it. This does not mean that every BM bus is bad and that every NA bus is fantastic though, too Michael I would suggest looking at buses from Craigavon, Armagh, Enniskillen and Magherafelt. The other depots will each have a few good examples but you need to go personally hunt them out before it's too late.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

I find it very funny that you say 1082 is a good bus as this bus was moved from Larne to Hamill on the back of a low loader!

Michael said for himself that 1122 and 1143 are good buses and I am just letting him know that 1130 was available - at the end of the day he is the man with the money and it is up to him what he buys - he asked for suggestions and thats just what I did.

Michael can see for himself what he thinks of Ballymena buses as he has two of his own examples to look at

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

That didnt really answer the question now did it?

Im not even gonna bother carrying on the arguement as you obviously dont know what your on about.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

Not all BM buses are going to be in the save condition as the 2 that are currently owned by the Museum. Even if there are all 11xx that are suggested some are going to be in better nick than others.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

Hi Phill,

From my own experience Newtownards buses are not very good. I had a very mad experience with 1054 in the past when I had to make a run from Belfast to Newtownards on a number 5 service. I don't think I ever travelled on a rougher bus and a TL11 that sounded so bad - that was before I made the journey back to Belfast in 1025 and it was as bad.

I have a friend that works in the Factory at Duncrue Street Belfast and he says they don't like working on Newtownards buses up there as they always are in poor shape.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

Yes Ulsterbus you could say that I know a think or two about what I am talking about and what right do you have to think you know better.

You seem to have some problem with Ballymena buses. I think you are just some kind of trouble making B astard that has no interest in the Kells Transport Museum getting good buses.

I mean if you think 1082 was good come on - do you know what you are talking about? If you look at the photographs on Gordon's Northern Ireland Bus photos and see the damage that was caused to 1082 after loading it and and off a low loader you will see for yourself and some of the real scrap that drove to Hamill with out the aid of a low loader - enough said.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

I give up, I will not argue with someone who doesnt listen or is persistent in having HIS/HER own way. I voiced my opinion and Micheal can decide on himself.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

You were very quick to say 1130 is rubbish but you never have listed any good buses which are worth saving.

Am I glad you have gave up now Fuc k off and stop being a w anker.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

I think you will find I did!! And is there any need for that sort of language.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

I think you will find that you didn't and more importantly I think that you will find that you are a w anker.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

to quote one of my messages that you didnt read properly - " 460 is a better express example and one I would recommend".

Do you want to dig yourself a bigger hole? Ill lend you a spade if you want.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

Yes please - lend me your spade and I will hit you over the head with it - that might teach a b astard like you some respect. Enough said

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Save Express Tiger 1130