www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1122 - its condition and that of others & Portglenone & Ballymena

If Tiger 1087 is still in reserve it would make a good purchase along with Tigers 1130 and 1163. Alan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1122 - its condition and that of others & Portglenone & Ballymena

This was posted by a guy called Will Hughes on another message board which again proves the bus in Ballymena are hard to beat - a high speed Gardner engined Tiger was only possible in Ballymena depot!

Posted by will hughes on May 23, 2008, 9:18 am, in reply to "Re: Can anyone help with list 26XX Gardner Tigers still around?"

Only 2601/4/8-10/3/29 now remain of which 2601 has a blown engine and is only fit for scrap. 2605 went for scrap earlier in the month.
As to the condition of the rest, 2609 was the one fitted with a higher ratio back axle when it was based at Ballymena and consequently has a better turn of speed. It was latterly loaned to Citybus and was taken out of use after developing a defect but I don't know how serious that was. I think the other one Citybus had is defective to, but again I don't know how serious. It is probably something minor as had it been serious, both would probably have gone for scrap straight away.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1122 - its condition and that of others & Portglenone & Ballymena

1087 is still recorded as being in reserve and was an ex Magherafelt Tiger