www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tigers with Ulsterbus to look at FOR DR Grimes

Hi Dr Grimes,

with regards to your request for good Ulsterbus Tigers I would ask you to look at the following as soon as possible before it is too late.

Tiger 1143 (LXI 7143) which was a Ballymena bus
Tiger 1144 (LXI 7144) which was a Coleraine bus
Tiger 460 (JNZ 7487) which was a Coleraine bus and ex Ulsterbus Express Tiger with the trianglur windows at the front and rear.

I had a good look around all 3 before they came off service and they all in excelent condition. Only thing is I have heard that they are starting to take some seats out of 1143 so YOU NEED TO MOVE FAST.

Re: Tigers with Ulsterbus to look at FOR DR Grimes

Dr Grimes,

If you have any interest in Ulsterbus Tiger 1143 you need to move fast. It is in very good condition but if it stays where it is for much longer they will start taking bits and pieces of this.

This bus had the same driver for the last 6 years who looked after it.

Re: Re: Tigers with Ulsterbus to look at FOR DR Grimes

1143 was out stationed in Portglenone for a good number of years. Its condition would be very good with it well worth a look if interested.

Re: Re: Re: Tigers with Ulsterbus to look at FOR DR Grimes

Michael,

1143 is withdrawn from service and is parked in Ballymena Station. I travelled on 1143 before it came off service and it is in very good condition. It spend its later years allocated to Portglenone sub depot where each driver is allocated his own bus so it has been well looked after.

The only problem is as 1143 is still parked in Ballymena rather than moved to Newtownabbey, Ballymena have started to take bits of it, so far only one seat but if you are interested you would need to make a move fast. Mechanically you will not find much better than 1143.

1144 should also be in good condition as well as it was another sub depot bus but it was allocated to Coleraine rather than Ballymena.

Where is Tiger 460?

We have announced the acquisition of 1143 as you can see from the main page.

Where is 460 at the moment?

Has anyone a picture of her?

Michael Grimes

Re: Where is Tiger 460?

http://ulsterbusphotos.fotopic.net/p48295089.html

Link to recent photo of 460 from Phills web site which shows 460 in Newtownabbey

Re: Re: Where is Tiger 460?

She looks like any other Tiger. What is the difference? What livery would she have had as an express vehicle?

Michael Grimes

Re: Re: Re: Where is Tiger 460?

http://interchange.fotopic.net/p38722484.html

To saw the difference you need too look at the side view - see the different style of window at the front and back