www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bedford MCH351W is MCH352W

Ross,

I am the former owner of this bus and imported it from Wales. I have to admit I never checked the chassis number which is printed in the cab if I remember correctly. The body plate is stuck losely there as well. Does this chassis number actually match the one on the chassis? This bus went from the Coal Board to Andrews of Sheffield before moving over to Wales. These twins were never together after their NCB days so any switch must have taken place there. You will notice that this bus apart from the livery is in totally original condition. The other one is preserved by the Rhymney Valley group in Wales if you fancy checking the chassis number (!) but is not as original having a destination box fitted amongst other modifications.

Simon

Re: Re: Bedford MCH351W is MCH352W

Hi Simon,

I need to speak with Kenny regarding the cab plate, but IIRC Kenny obtained the chassis number from the one on the chassis itself, not the cab.

Regards,
Ross