www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
People Who Are Afraid To Give Their Names Are Banned!

It is unfortunate that we have had another bout of ill informed comment, insults and sniping from people who do not give their names. Even worse we have had postings under other peoples names without them knowing it.

This discussion board is for constructive comment on the museum, not personal comments against members who work hard.

Oh! And finally the Lothian Truck is perfect and working absolutely normally so I have no idea where the comments come from and they obviously were not intended to be helpful.

Now lets stop the sniping! What foreigners must think of us is beyond belief!

Michael Grimes

Lothain towcar

Micheal i to have seen these photos of the towcar perched on a bank, sitting on sump and fuel tank of the bus

Re: Lothain towcar

So what if it was damaged. This vehicle is actually a working vehicle for the museum, not an actual vehicle allocated as a museum exhibit. So obviously this breakdown vehicle will be subject to the rigors of damage, wear & tear & mishaps encountered with such use. Also it should be noted that this vehicle was actually designed as a bus and was never meant to be towing buses constantly. These conversions are usually more at home towing buses on flat level ground and do struggle on hills with a weight behind, therefor constant use which it is has recently been subject to with the ERF being out of action at the museum would take it's toll out on the clutch - again this was no surprise to hear that the clutch is on it's way out.

As many of you may or may not be aware, i worked with Lothian at one point and have driven both this Leopard (BD3) and it's sister (BD2). I also have had experience of being towed by them and know full well what they are or are not capable of - like the time BD3 burnt it's clutch out trying to tow Lothian Olympian 823 up the hill at Gorebridge after i broke down with 823 on the hill.

Regerds,
The Garage Cat

Re: Re: Lothain towcar

I never said that i had a problem with it being damaged, its just the fact the the truth is that it had happened, yet couldnt be admitted to. I dont no if it annoys you but it annoys me when i measum you have an intrest in, dont tell you about it, or totally deiny it.

Re: Re: Re: Lothain towcar

Yes i guess i am a bit annoyed at the damage it sustained, even though it is relatively repairable. However what totally has hacked me off about this whole episode is those of you that came on the board stating pictures of the incident were up on another site but actually omitted to post the link to this site with the pictures.

If these pictures did indeed exist, i guess i must have been the only person not to have seen them out of all of you that post on this board. Maybe Michael has good reason to keep some things quiet, as all of you 'Armchair Enthusiasts' out there wll always find fault at something and make a mountain out of a molehill.

Regards,
The Garage Cat

P.S,
I'm just waiting for someone out there to start kicking 'The Garage Cat' for helping in the stripping of derelict KR181.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lothain towcar

if you would like the link and micheal wants to keep it quite i will email it to you,

Dose anyone no anything about butec eletrical systems, as this is what my bus has, and the aletonator has been replaced and it still not working, a regondisioned regulator was also fitted to the bus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lothain towcar

Hi Paul

Bit late to offer to send me link now seeing as i'm just back from a working week at the museum and have seen the breakdown wagon myself. As Michael has pointed out, it is still in everyday use with minor repairable damage and this i can confirm. The point was that with the way certain induviduals were going on about it, it was as if the thing had been severely damaged and written off.

Thanks anyway for the offer but it does not interest me now seing i now know it was not seriously damaged or written off.

Regards,
The Garage Cat