www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: What colour KC 157?

Well it wouldn't make sense to put her into Dublin Bus colours considering it was a Cork vehicle most of it's life.

The original CIÉ green would look well, but for an authentic look it would require central doors.

It may sound a little weird, but what about cork school bus livery? Near enough the same paintjob as KC109 minus the orange/gold band, and with the addition of Bus Scoile decals.

I've also sent you an image of KC157 in service, something which would aid in the livery selection.

Aaron

Re: What colour KC 157?

It would be nice to see it back in the green CIE livery i think it would be nice in the Bus Eireann livery seen that she the BE livery for most of her life

Decision has been made on colour of KC 157 and possibly others

After much thought it is now our intention to put KC 157 back in the green livery as a typical Cork bus which she was.

Anyone know where we can get a pattern for the CIE roundels which were on her?

We will probably put KC 160 in the red and white. She is next. Views on the others are welcome. The full list of operational KC's is:

KC 35
KC 129
KC 152
KC 153
KC 157
KC 159
KC 160
KC 169

with KC 147 and KC 162 likely to be returned to operational condition.

It is intended to put KC 35 in Dublin Bus livery which she did wear.

Michael Grimes

Re: Decision has been made on colour of KC 157 and possibly others

You Forgot 109.. Too many KCs, your forgetting them!!

Brian Griffin
Tuam
Co.Galway

Re : KC 109

No KC 109 is not in our fleet in that she had a tragic ending and was totally destroyed down Waterford way.

Michael Grimes

Re: Re : KC 109

There must be something wrong with my eye sight.

http://garagecat.fotopic.net/c1245128.html

Re: Re: Re : KC 109

Come to think about it, i did not recall seeing 109 when i was over at the beginning of the month there, although it was there on the visit before that.

Even stranger is the fact i do not know whom actually owns/owned 109 either as while i originally thought Michael had aqured it, it seems it may have been on loan.

Re: Re: Re : KC 109

kc109 is owned by f.dempsey i just what point this out he has nothing to hide all michael grimes put nother over kc109 to make it kc129 francis doesnt like what was going with messages going attacking and make worse for other perservation who do fine job plus you do not here them going they keep there bussiness to them selfs . john you where right kc109 is there