www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello EVH 12

Hi, Just had a look at the site its very interesting , I'm glad to see that EVH 12 is one of the vehicles in preservation.I often travelled on her when I was a student in cork in 1997, I remember one particularly high speed trip, from mitchelstown to cit in 55mins! and this in the pre tunnel and motorway days!

Re: Hello EVH 12

We should be taking her for a run shortly as she is scheduled soon.If you or anyone else would like to come let me know. Do you live in Cork?

I drove her from Mallow to the depot and she came up at 60 m.p.h. in superb condition.

Michael Grimes

Re: Re: Hello EVH 12

Live near mitchelstown, i remember the roar of the cummins (us Sitting down the back typical!) and EVH 12 passing PD 40(i think) up the glocca maura with the gearbox changing up the gears! she always left the DAFs for dust.

I believe the EVHs were vanhool alicrons which are integral bodied coaches as opposed to the more common alizee models which are built on volvo daf scania etc chassis.
I believe she is fitted with a cummins L10 290,i remember myself and one of the lads thought it would be cool to make her into a huge camper and fit a 14 litre cummins with 500 horsepower!!!!!!!!!!

I remember reading a commercial motor road test of a similar alicron from 1987 but fitted with a 290 MAN engine and 7 speed manual gearbox apparently several engine/transmission options were available .