Philly Runners -- Welcome

Welcome to our Philly Runners forum. This message board is provided for running-related discussion in the Philadelphia area and around the world. You are welcome to start your own topics and reply to others.

You don't need to post only running-related items, but commercial interests don't have a business being on here (unless you're trying to sell your used treadmill, for example). We don't have "rules" but will try to use our best good-faith judgment. 

Please do not list the full name of anybody other than yourself. Please use first names only or first name plus first letter of last name. Messages that include full names will be deleted. 

When starting a topic for an event with a specific date, please list the date of the event in the subject line. For example: "Media 5 Miler Friday June 17".

Some posts will be deleted after a while due to space limitations. Have fun, and please be sure to visit our main website for more information on our club and more running-related information.

Philly Runners Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Philly Runners Annual Club Dinner Saturday January 25, 2020 at Urban Saloon, 2120 Fairmount Ave

Come celebrate a year of running and friends with your favorite running club. Significant others, friends, etc. are welcome. Everyone is welcome, just like with our runs. RSVP here or on the Facebook event

More info to follow.

Urban Saloon
2120 Fairmount Ave
Saturday, January 25

Your Next Race & Date: Caesar Rodney Hilly Half-Marathon

Your Favorite Running Shoe: New Balance 990

Re: Philly Runners Annual Club Dinner Saturday January 25, 2020 at Urban Saloon, 2120 Fairmount Ave

I'll be there!

Your Next Race & Date: Caesar Rodney Half 3/22/20

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Liking Mizuno Wave Creation

Re: Philly Runners Annual Club Dinner Saturday January 25, 2020 at Urban Saloon, 2120 Fairmount Ave

RSVP for 1.

Your Next Race & Date: NYC 1/2

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Nike Next%

Come celebrate a year of running and friends with your favorite running club. Significant others, friends, etc. are welcome. Everyone is welcome, just like with our runs.

Here's the menu:

Vegetable Spring Rolls

Mixed Green Salad
Caesar Salad

Buffalo Cauliflower
Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts
Hummus

Grilled Vegetable Farfalle
Herb Grilled Chicken
Roast Beef
Herb Lemon Basil Roasted Salmon

Sauteed Spinach
Grilled Asparagus
Smashed Red Bliss Potatoes

Dessert: Cobbler with perhaps some ice cream

This is about $900-$1000 worth of food, enough for 30, perhaps even 40 people. We're required to spend $1500 for the night, so drink plenty! And if you come early, please make sure any tab you run gets credited to the back room. Likewise, towards the end of the evening if you find yourself needing another drink, please order one at the party rather than going somewhere else.

The food tab is going to be one big tab and I'll take care of it. You can pay me for the food by Venmo, PayPal, cash or check. More info on that later.

The alcohol is on your own tab. Please save a receipt so I can keep track of how much we all spend and make sure it adds up to $1500.

I be there too! Sorry for the late reply

UPDATED MENU:

Come celebrate a year of running and friends with your favorite running club. Significant others, friends, etc. are welcome. Everyone is welcome, just like with our runs.

Here's the menu:

Vegetable Spring Rolls

Mixed Green Salad
Caesar Salad

Buffalo Cauliflower
Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts
Hummus

- Grilled Vegetable Farfalle
- Short Rib French Dip red wine braised short ribs, caramelized onions, horseradish cream, au jus
- Herb Lemon Basil Roasted Salmon

Sauteed Spinach
Grilled Asparagus
Smashed Red Bliss Potatoes

Dessert: Cobbler with perhaps some ice cream

Here’s some info for tomorrow night's dinner.

We're required to spend $1500 for the night.

I’ve ordered $1000 worth of food ($1280 incl tax & tip). Right now I’ve got 24 people and a few maybes. The food tab is going to be one big tab and I'll take care of it. You can pay me for the food by Venmo, PayPal, cash or check. I’m not going to bill people until after the dinner, since if we get a few more people the amount you owe will be less. Right now, it would be $53.33.

The alcohol is on your own tab. Please save a receipt so I can keep track of how much we all spend and make sure it adds up to $1500.

And if you come early, please make sure any tab you run gets credited to the back room. Likewise, towards the end of the evening if you find yourself needing another drink, please order one at the dinner rather than going somewhere else.

*** Last minutes RSVPs or showing up with no RSVP is ok. It's a buffet meal, so accommodating a few extra people is not a big deal.

I’m looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow evening.