Philly Runners -- Welcome

Welcome to our Philly Runners forum. This message board is provided for running-related discussion in the Philadelphia area and around the world. You are welcome to start your own topics and reply to others.

You don't need to post only running-related items, but commercial interests don't have a business being on here (unless you're trying to sell your used treadmill, for example). We don't have "rules" but will try to use our best good-faith judgment. 

Please do not list the full name of anybody other than yourself. Please use first names only or first name plus first letter of last name. Messages that include full names will be deleted. 

When starting a topic for an event with a specific date, please list the date of the event in the subject line. For example: "Media 5 Miler Friday June 17".

Some posts will be deleted after a while due to space limitations. Have fun, and please be sure to visit our main website for more information on our club and more running-related information.

Philly Runners Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Broad Street Run VOLUNTEERING

Broad Street Run is looming, which means the need for our Broad Street Run VOLUNTEERING is upon us. My friend Chris, who captains our official Mile 7.8 water/Gatorade stop, needs the names of our volunteers immediately. As in, TODAY. While I understand that might not be feasible for all (he is getting my name, though) please see me or post here or on our Facebook page if you can do it. It's in walking distance to our post-race picnic! I always get great feedback from those who volunteer, and it's an excellent way of giving back to our running community. Date is Sunday, May 6.

Re: Broad Street Run VOLUNTEERING

A bit more info. Go to this site to register. Indicate Virginia Tech as the sponsor group, then type in Philly Runners as the club underneath it. Scroll down to Sunday's list and select Water Station - Jackson.
http://www.broadstreetrun.com/volunteer/registration.cfm
However, please also let me know so I know who from our group is volunteering.

Re: Broad Street Run VOLUNTEERING

Please please please consider volunteering for Broad Street if you are not running the race.

This "volunteering" assignment, along with the upcoming RunFest in June (formerly ODDyssey half-marathon), are the two races that generally pay money to the club fund when we help them out. While our club technically has no money, needs no money and will absolutely always be free to all comers, it is actually handy to have some money lying around for things such as the website and the beautiful tent that we bought last year. The club is free, but some of the things that come with it that many of us take for granted are not free. So please sign up to help out at the race.

And, of course, the water station is not far from the site of the post-race BBQ and I will have burgers waiting for all race volunteers.

Thank you!

Your Next Race & Date: Broad Street, Sunday May 6, 2018

Your Favorite Running Shoe: New Balance 990