Philly Runners -- Welcome

Welcome to our Philly Runners forum. This message board is provided for running-related discussion in the Philadelphia area and around the world. You are welcome to start your own topics and reply to others.

You don't need to post only running-related items, but commercial interests don't have a business being on here (unless you're trying to sell your used treadmill, for example). We don't have "rules" but will try to use our best good-faith judgment. 

Please do not list the full name of anybody other than yourself. Please use first names only or first name plus first letter of last name. Messages that include full names will be deleted. 

When starting a topic for an event with a specific date, please list the date of the event in the subject line. For example: "Media 5 Miler Friday June 17".

Some posts will be deleted after a while due to space limitations. Have fun, and please be sure to visit our main website for more information on our club and more running-related information.

Philly Runners Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training for Boston 2018

Hi all,

I will try to join you guys in the coming days on your scheduled runs. But also I am interested for a running partner(s) to log some more runs for the upcoming Boston Marathon 2018. I am following the Hansons Marathon Method.

I live in West Philly, so most of my training is around Fairmount Park. I also like going to the Wissahickon. I can train early in the morning or in the evening.

My pacing is:
easy runs: 7:35-8:10
tempo runs: 6:40
long runs: 7:15
Speed workouts: depends

Right now I am building up slowly the milage and pace to start on December 11th the 18 week training plan.

Some perks: I am from Barcelona, so along the way you can practice some Spanish... :)

Enjoy the journey
Josep

Your Next Race & Date: Boston marathon 2018

Re: Training for Boston 2018

Hi Josep.

Welcome to Philly Runners!

I encourage you to come out and run with us any time. We have runners training for Boston and other spring races. Many of us run a standard 8.5 mile loop on Saturdays, but for those training for a marathon, the long runs often end up going into the Wissahickon.

I also encourage you to join our Facebook page, which is probably more active than this old message board is these days.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7681773458/

We'll see you soon!

Oh, as you may know, this coming weekend is the Philly Marathon and Half-Marathon. Many of our members are running one of these races, so you may find the regular Saturday run (which meets at Lloyd Hall on Boathouse Row, not at the Art Museum) to be sparsely attended. We'll be back in full force after the marathon and after Thanksgiving. But just to be clear, we have runs taking place every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday no matter what.