Philly Runners -- Welcome

Welcome to our Philly Runners forum. This message board is provided for running-related discussion in the Philadelphia area and around the world. You are welcome to start your own topics and reply to others.

You don't need to post only running-related items, but commercial interests don't have a business being on here (unless you're trying to sell your used treadmill, for example). We don't have "rules" but will try to use our best good-faith judgment. 

Please do not list the full name of anybody other than yourself. Please use first names only or first name plus first letter of last name. Messages that include full names will be deleted. 

When starting a topic for an event with a specific date, please list the date of the event in the subject line. For example: "Media 5 Miler Friday June 17".

Some posts will be deleted after a while due to space limitations. Have fun, and please be sure to visit our main website for more information on our club and more running-related information.

Philly Runners Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Volunteer for Philly Marathon Sunday November 19 6-11am -- Sign up Right NOW!!!

Hi all.

I received early notice today that registration for marathon volunteering is open. We usually grab the 6am-11am Medal Distribution slot for the Marathon, which is Sunday November 19.

Of course, you can sign up for any assignment you like, and if you're running the marathon, you can sign up to volunteer for the half on Saturday or the expo on Friday or Saturday.

Volunteer signup is here: http://philadelphiamarathon.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?start_over&id=22932

Please try to sign up as a member of Philly Runners. For whatever reason, the teams are not in alphabetical order so it is a bit hard to find. We're roughly in the middle of the several hundred teams listed.

This is a lot of fun and the more of us who are together at the finish line the more fun it is. There's a limited number of volunteer slots, so please sign up now. And if you can't get the medal distribution assignment, there's other assignments right there at the finish line, such as heat sheet distribution.

Re: Volunteer for Philly Marathon Sunday November 19 6-11am -- Sign up Right NOW!!!

I signed up!

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's Cup

Re: Volunteer for Philly Marathon Sunday November 19 6-11am -- Sign up Right NOW!!!

Just signed up for heat sheets on the morning of Sunday, November 19! Hope other Philly Runners will join me!
Kevin

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Brooks Adrenaline... or barefoot!

count me in

Your Next Race & Date: SteamTown

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Hoka

Just signed up

Your Next Race & Date: SteamTown

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Hoka