Philly Runners -- Welcome

Welcome to our Philly Runners forum. This message board is provided for running-related discussion in the Philadelphia area and around the world. You are welcome to start your own topics and reply to others.

You don't need to post only running-related items, but commercial interests don't have a business being on here (unless you're trying to sell your used treadmill, for example). We don't have "rules" but will try to use our best good-faith judgment. 

Please do not list the full name of anybody other than yourself. Please use first names only or first name plus first letter of last name. Messages that include full names will be deleted. 

When starting a topic for an event with a specific date, please list the date of the event in the subject line. For example: "Media 5 Miler Friday June 17".

Some posts will be deleted after a while due to space limitations. Have fun, and please be sure to visit our main website for more information on our club and more running-related information.

Forum: Philly Runners Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Post-BSR Picnic in FDR Park 10:45am Sunday May 7

Hi all. Once again we will be having a Philly Runners totally awesome and ridiculously gourmet post-Broad Street picnic and barbecue on Sunday, May 7.

For those of you who have been around for some time, you can skip directly to the part where you RSVP.

What: Philly Runners totally awesome and ridiculously gourmet post-Broad Street picnic and barbecue featuring organic hamburgers and craft beer.

When: Sunday, May 7. Roughly 10:45am. The race starts at 8:00am. With any luck, I'll run it in 90 minutes, cross the finish line, walk back up to FDR Park, unload my car, throw some burgers on the grill. If you're at the picnic site before me, stick around and you'll be able to help me set up when I get there.

Where: FDR Park, about 1/3 mile north of the finish line.
To get to the picnic from the finish line, walk north on Broad Street from the naval yard. Cross under I-95, keep headed a bit further north until you come upon a small access driveway down to FDR park. Go down the driveway into the park. Take a left at the bottom of the driveway and follow the access road around until it is parallel to the highway. On a nice day, we'll be on the field on the right. On a rainy day, we'll be under the highway.
Please note: In the past folks have had difficulty finding the picnic. If you think you won't be able to figure out how to get to the picnic after the race, print out the map from the website and take it with you in a zip-lock bag or throw it in your gear check bag.
Map: http://www.phillyrunners.org/bsr.html

Who: You! All Philly Runners, whether or not you are running Broad Street. Your significant other, friends, kids and dogs are also welcome. Pretty much anybody reading this who wants to come hang out with a bunch of folks who just ran 10 miles and eat organic hamburgers and craft beer with us is welcome. Just let me know you're coming (more on that below).

Why: Because you just ran 10 miles and you're hungry and you don't know anywhere else within walking distance of the finish line serving organic hamburgers, lentil salad or an Iranian rice dish and craft beer at 10:45 in the morning. Or perhaps you didn't just run 10 miles, but you want to come celebrate with those who did, and, while you're at it, you might as well eat some organic hamburgers and craft beer at 10:45am.

How much: A $15 contribution to the cost of this gourmet picnic will be very much appreciated.

Bring: Yourself and any other cool people you want to hang with. You do not need to bring anything else. If you have some dietary restriction you think I will not be able to accommodate or you have some truly unique food you would like to share with others, that's cool, but please do not feel obligated to bring anything. I plan the purchase of food on the assumption that nobody is bringing anything else.

RSVP:By Friday, May 5 at Noon. RSVP by posting here. Please do not RSVP by emailing me, telling me in person, fax, phone, text, Facebook or any other way you can think of. This is where I count how many people are coming and it's much easier when everybody is in the same place. When RSVP'ing, please indicate how many people will be in your party and if you have any veggies/vegans or other dietary restrictions. I am willing/able to accommodate any reasonable request provided you give me a heads-up.

Once again, Andrew is providing craft beer, cider and Pinot Noir. There will be 10 varieties of IPAs on hand!

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of hungry runners on Sunday, May 7!

Email  
Re: Post-BSR Picnic in FDR Park 10:45am Sunday May 7

Hi Seth:

Roger and I will both be attending the picnic. We're both meat eaters. I'll probably be bringing some alternative beverages, too. Let me know if I can bring anything else or do anything to help you with this. Thanks for all of your hard work!!

--Lisa

Your Next Race & Date: Broad Street - May 7

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Kinvara 7

Email  

I'll be there if I can still walk!

Your Next Race & Date: Broad st

Email  

I'll be there Seth! Thanks for organizing!

Your Next Race & Date: Broad Street 10 miler

Email  

Hi Seth!

I'll be there with the craft beer! Thanks as always for organizing one of my favorite post race picnics of the year!

Cheers!

Andrew

Your Next Race & Date: NJ Marathon 4/30/17

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Liking Saucony Triumph ISO 3

Email  

I would like to RSVP for 13 people from the Federal City Runners in Washington DC. Thanks for organizing Seth!

Jeff

Your Next Race & Date: Broad street

Email  

Katie and Phil will be there!

Email  

Count me and the hubby in for the BBQ! Thanks for organizing!

Your Next Race & Date: NJM 4-30-17

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Aasics

Email  

Katie F and Bill T will be there

Your Next Race & Date: Broad St.

Email  

Planning on being there

Email  

Planning to attend will make monetary donation. Thanks so much!

Email  

I'm in. Thanks Seth

Your Next Race & Date: Broad Street

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Zoom Odyssey

Email  

I will be attending and possibly Pam also.

Your Next Race & Date: 5 /7

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Mizuno

Email  

I'll be there. A proud omnivore with a donation :-)
FA

Tom and I will be there - Tom eats anything - no red meat for me

Email  

Hi Seth,

I look forward to joining you for the picnic! My husband Tom will also come (not running) and he is happy to help with grilling etc. He may bring a pasta salad to share. Thanks!

Your Next Race & Date: Broad Street!

Email  

I'll be there +1 (maybe +2)!

Thanks for organizing, Seth!

Your Next Race & Date: Broad St

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Brooks Ghosts

Email  

Hi Seth,

I am comimng to the picnic.

Thanks

Hi Seth. My friend Robert and I will also be showing up. We are not picky eaters :)

Email  

I'll be there, Seth, thanks for organizing.
Kevin G

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Brooks Adrenaline... or barefoot!

Hi Seth,

I'll be there and I'm a meat eater. Ill bring a few drinks.
Thanks for organizing !!

Best,
Matt

Your Next Race & Date: Broad St

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Saucony

Email  

Shoot .. it's 12:47 ! Can I still rsvp?! Just me Lou Hoffer

Email  

Also I'll eat anything that's left

Email  

I just realized that I am late to RSVP but Gustavo and I were planning to attend. Please let me know if we can bring anything.

Email  

I've got all the late RSVPs.

No need to bring anything.

If you still haven't RSVP'd, please do.

And if you don't manage to RSVP, come anyway. There should be plenty of food.

Email  

Hi Seth...put me down for two. Thanks see you in the morning.

Mike H.

Email  

Hey Seth, sorry for the late notice but I would like to add one more friend to the BBQ. I bumped into my friend Marissa at the expo last night and she would like to join tomorrow too. Thanks!

Your Next Race & Date: BSR May 7th

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com