Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fall bass fishing

Leaving Saturday from WV to come down to Kerr to bass fish for 11 days. Going to stay in Panhandle creek. Sounds like the fish aren't bitting real well. I have fished Kerr in the spring but I have never been on Kerr in the fall. What patterns are catching fish now and where should I be fishing. I hope that I don't have to go a long ways from panhandle creek to find fish.

Re: Fall bass fishing

Hey I found a tip that could help you, all though it's not from me. here it is below.

This is a quote from

"MikeR"

The bass on Grassy are chasing the shad pretty heavily this week, early morning topwater, then as the daaay progesses go to carolna rig a green pumkin lizard. Or any crankbait that is the size/shape of the butterbean shad in blue/chrome rattletrap are just one of the favorites. Good Luck and tight lines..MikeR...

CHAMP, IF YOU'RE FISHING IN THE FISHERS OF MEN TOURNAMENT THE 12TH - 15TH THERE IS AN OFF LIMITS PERIOD FROM THE 5TH TO THE 12TH. IF NOT, GOOD LUCK, AND DROP ME AN E-MAIL ON HOW YOU DID. I'LL BE IN THE TOURNAMENT, AND WOULD LOVE TO WIN A BOAT. WHAT PART OF WV ARE YOU FROM? I'M GOING DOWN THE 1ST AND 2ND TO PRE-FISH. HAVE A SAFE TRIP, AND DON'T SORE LIP ALL OF 'EM.

Skeeter, I'm close to Huntington. Just going down to bass fish for a couple of weeks. Leaving on the 1st and not coming back to the 12th. Good luck and I hope you win that boat.

Champ, I will be down the 1st and 2nd to prefish. We are staying at Bayview effeciencies. I live in Clarksburg. Hope to seeya.

Panhandle area has been real slowwwww,does not have the numbers it once had for what ever reason,sugest you fish from grassy up past the bridges try to find some stained water if you can, cranks and rigs best bet and jiging spoons 25-40ft in the clear water panhandle to the dam.Good luck JW