This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CATS / JFO?

I have been fishing gaston this year and have seen the same thing. No big cats in the river. The biggest fish that we've caught this is 13lb. We were down last weekend on my buds boat and his fish finder said 58deg. with the water running.

Thanks guys for the info.

Went Friday night. Didn't catch anything. Fished between the bridge up to Bluestone. Found plenty of shad flipping in that first cove to the left when you enter Bluestone. But other than that, it was cold and windy and kind of choppy around the bridges. Will have to try again some time soon.

tHANKS FOR THE INFO EVERYONE, my pop was sick and was unable to go, I went got down there saturday night about 9pm and fish to 3am lights around bridge cought a good mess of crappie and white perch. Did not try to catfish alot of boats down that way and didnt wont
get in the way of the ctfish fling going on.
I did catch on blue weighing about 6lbs on light rod,
dont think anything could have been more fun unless seeing my pop catch it.
thanks everone.

Mike

Fresh bait(Shad)off the points on main lake,find some humps and fish them,better at night but days will work.

I fished Sunday during the day the same as I did the previouse weekend and had a hard time finding them. Last Sunday the mouth of Blue Stone was hot for meidum sized blues, but this Sunday the only place we found steady action was way up blue stone. I fished almost to the rivers to the bridges and the action was slow. The back of blue stone put a cat in the boat about every half hour.

Country boy - what size blues were you landing? And what were you using for bait?

I was at the mouth of Bluestone Friday night and down by the bridges and got skunked. I guess I should have travelled into Bluestone some. That first little cove to the left inside Bluestone was loaded with shad Friday night.