Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A few concerns and questions about the law.

The bible says that in the new covenant we have the laws in our heart. Also it says to follow the spirit of the law. Does that mean we who are under the new covenant still obey the law if the law is in our hearts. Also when it says the end of the law does it means he completed the law, or fufilled it as to have finished the laws which brings up the question as to why would the law still be in effect in our hearts in the new covenant? There just doesnt seem to be an allegory here. The only thing I can think of as an answer is, the spirit judges all things but in itself is not judged. So we reinforce the law but are not subject to it? Please let me know what you think.I just dont see any laws going away if they are in our hearts and minds as the new covenant is to be.The only way for that to happen is to lose our minds and our hearts which would abolish the new covenant which we know that Jesus is still intact so he still carries them with him. Thanks.

Re: A few concerns and questions about the law.

Howdy Light,
I haven't heard from Dan for a while.
Maybe he took sick.
I am just passing through and will give you somewhat
of an answer anyway. Dan might see it from a different point of view, but a forum is for offering contrasting
points of view.

The Spirit of the Law is what underlies that which was written.
The reason and why it was even put down on tablets or whatever.
That Law is relative with that which is right and wrong.
It began in the Garden story with the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
To be written within the heart means the Mind .
There would be a manifestation of conscience within the mind ,consciousness of man.
Without knowing good and evil, man would not understand love, compassion, mercy, etc.
in a comparison to the negative traits.
A conscience is the greater part of man and separates him from the beasts and animals.
It was something which God intended in his plan and purpose for man that man be not
some form of Robot, programmed to love and the doing of good works and deeds without even knowing why.
The Law was one sided. It demanded from man the strictest obedience to a set of rules, commandments
that would only keep man in a form of slavery and bondage.
This type of work has no love, compassion, mercy or grace attached to it.
Guilt by association , with the verdict of death as a consequence.
To break one law was to break all the Law. The sin of the children of Israel was an unbearable yoke around their necks where it became an impossibility to separate themselves from death.

Paul said to take on a new conscience, one based on Grace and Mercy through Faith alone.
All man is guilty of sin and the only way of being found to be not guilty is through the cross.
We accept the righteousness of Jesus as our own righteousness and do not rely on the works
of man in the flesh to base our own salvation.

If one is honest with him/her self and with scripture, there is no man in the flesh that is without sin.
Sin began in the Garden story but it was not until the Law came down by Moses that sin became a death sentence to the children of Israel. ( To the Hebrew Jew ,that was of the flesh and blood of Abraham,
and was in a covenant sealed by the blood of circumcision of the flesh).

This covenant was not imposed on everyone that was ever born in the flesh.
The Bible handed down to us is the story of all the generations of ADAM in the Garden which in the end would end with the last generation at the time of Jesus.
It is a story of man and his relationship with God, as told by the Hebrews.

We who remain in the flesh to this day should realize that all man is in the same boat.
We all do good and all do evil whether we wish to think so or not.
Jesus said, that even if you thought the thought to do evil, before an action or the deed takes place and did not follow through, it is the same as if you had committed the deed.
The message being that the stick you see in another's eye is only a reflection of what exists within your own.
Compassion, understanding, mercy and grace can only come through the law written in ones mind
as the spirit of the Law. The Law of the old covenant given by Moses was taken to the cross.
It found its fulfillment there . When Jesus took on the sin of the world for both Jew and Gentile
the consciousness of God left the spirit of Jesus at the final moment on the cross.
When Jesus cried out, "Father ,why has thou forsaken me?"
Jesus was left with his own individual spirit that was at that instant separated from God.
What Happened?
Jesus had ,because he was born of his mother Mary and she was of the flesh of the generations of ADAM in the garden through Eve, taken the spirit and soul of man in the flesh (Adam and Eve)to the cross. The children of Israel had sent their first Parents as The flesh man to die.
Die he did ( The First ADAM) and The New Man, the Last ADAM that is not of the flesh but of the Spirit
rose on the third day .
The Law in it's own fulfillment demanded death as a justification of the Law itself.
The Law had become self condemning .
The entire New Testament for the most part is a re-enactment of the Book of Genesis.
The story of the First man Adam and the story of the Last man Adam.

We are within the New creation, the New covenant, the Last man ADAM.
All that was of old has passed away and now all is New.

Don't let the last sentence throw you.
Life and death , good and evil, still surround the man in the flesh even now.
But Paul would say," though we are still in the flesh, we are not of the flesh, but of the Spirit".

We do the best we can and when we fall short , fear not.
We can be a witness to those we come in contact with, as to the cross and the meaning it should have for us.

It is in our transformation while still being in the flesh, not of the flesh but of our own soul and spirit that we can rejoice in.
The New Man was never intended to have this Earth as his final destination ,but a new experience,
a new beginning within another realm outside the one in which we now exist.
Just remember when you may fall a little short ,that
Jesus Christ is the resurrection, the way and the Light (Life).
We can do nothing to achieve a form of righteousness
on our own. We are found to be not guilty of sin
by accepting the righteousness, and resurrection of Jesus Christ as our own righteousness and resurrection. There is no other way unto salvation.
Grace and Mercy are through Faith alone and the work of the Law is dead to us.

Gil

Dear Gil,

Grace (not law) unto you, and peace (not confusion),
from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus-->Christ.

My comment, about your comment,
to Light's questions about the law, is:
- it is preposterous order to teach first and learn afterward;
- not wrong (bad), per se, just more to learn on your part; since
- scriptures were written aforetime "for our learning": Rom 15:4
- so "go ye and learn" what Matthew 9:13 (Hos 6:6) "meaneth"

Hint: if no man is justified BY THE LAW in Galatians 3, and
if sacrifice and offering are BY THE LAW in Hebrews 10, which
also notes doing the will of God precedes receive the promise, and
if Heb 11 says all who didn't do it died and rec'd not the promise, then
it reasons that no man is justified by any sacrifice in the sight of God,
and because sacrifice (blood shed) does NOT purge all things: Heb 9.

Hint: if "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump", is kinda like saying
a little cancer can and will KILL the whole body if not removed in time,
then your 'Spirit of the Law' BS is like a "little" cancer in body of Christ.
PST: there is no such 'Spirit of the Law' phrase in all of the Bible. Selah.

Gil, your churchy rhetoric (BS) is what you LEAVE, in order to
GO ON UNTO PERFECTION = "MERCIFUL" = "HARMLESS".
Until you LEAVE law (sin, sacrifice, death) you don't have e-life.
"Eternal life" is NOT life after death; Rather it's life VOID of death.
"Life eternal", in Mt 25:46, is neither unity of Spirit nor eternal life.
So then, you have been seduced (snared, deceived, "bewitched"),
by "another law" in Mt 22:36-40 is notably "like the first": DEADLY.
http://www.godshew.org/AnotherLaw.htm

So, please take your other wise: "earthy, sensual, devilish" wisdom,
and shove it where the sun does not shine. Learn first, Teach after.
"SEEK ye FIRST the kingdom of God AND his righteousness".
See Luke 16:16 concerning "the law" and the "kingdom of God".

God is a Spirit (Grace), NOT a Ghost (Law).
"Led of the Spirit" is NOT Ghost driven.
"Led" = "follow me" (Galatians 5)
Driven = "walk before me" (Galatians 3)
http://www.godshew.org/HGvsHS.htm
Gil, you need to dismiss the OLD school-master: Law,
for it's the sort of school-master that fails every student.

Gil, see 1Corinthians 13:1-3 to NOTICE,
of these three: Faith --> Hope --> Charity,
- 2/3 = 0.666... to infinity of NOTHING (0)
- 3/3 = 1.000... to eternity of everything (1);
So if you do not GO ON UNTO Charity "never faileth",
then all you Faith + Hope stuff profits you "NOTHING".

You keep coming to the forum to ask what's new, and
making foolish childish comments like: maybe Dan's sick,
but fail to read and "learn" difference between Old and New.
Gil, I have not been to any doctor in almost 20 years.
I don't do $ick. I am = all comfort, no discomfort at all.

That is all I have to say at this time.

The GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ WITH YOU ALL. AMEN.

Daniel

Dear Light,

Grace (not law) unto you, and peace,
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Your first statment referring to Hebrews 10:16 needs both correction and clarification. Let's quote it exactly from the Bible, and then note some spiritual insights about it:

Hebrews 10:16
"This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them"

Insights on Heb 10:16
1. Heb 10:9 just previously told us to take away law (first) to establish grace (second); And because they are contrary things that cannot co-exist in peace. So let's apply such to everything forward from Heb 10:9.
2. Notice the word new is NOT in this verse as you assumed it was; So it's old of old/new, which is to say law of law/grace. Heb 2 notes give more earnest heed to what's said is how we shall escape. The other option is not escape, snared, and by another law.
3. It's "this" of this/that, so law of law/grace, this world of this world/that world, beneath of beneath/above (from John 8:23)
4. It's for "them" of them/us, law of law/grace, and God hath not appointed us to wrath (law): 1Thess 5:9.
5. It's plural "laws, hearts, minds" = double-minded; And plural is from a plural God, not from God is one.
6. "Will I" is mirrorly reverse of I Will, therefore such is worded as a question, not as a statement.
7. If it's crap (law: dung), then flush it; For any law added to grace makes it no more grace, in the same manner death added to life makes life non eternal. Our goal is to lay hold on eternal life, which is not life after death, but life void of death.

Your second statement referring to 2Corinthians 3:6 also needs correction and clarification. So let's also quote it exact from the Bible:

2Corinthians 3:6
"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life".

1. It's about the new of old/new testaments... so
2. not of the letter (law), but of the spirit (grace)
3. because the law killeth, but grace giveth life
4. 2Cor3 goes on to compare law glory vs grace glory, as ministration of death vs ministration of life; And when compared, instead of mixed, we are changed from law to grace, as by the Spirit (not by the Ghost)

So in the words of Luke 11:35 "Take heed therefore that the light (grace) which is in thee be not darkness (law)".

Law judges all sinners, none righteous, so all perish by law. A little law is like a little cancer, which can and will kill the whole body if not all removed. So the opertion of God removes all cancer us law.

Grace judges all righteous, sinners none, so none perish by grace, unless you add law, which is like adding death to life, which is a dead end.

Bottom line: If it's crap (dung: law), flush it.

The GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ WITH YOU ALL. AMEN.