www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum

Welcome to the Kells Transport Museum Message Board. We welcome messages from everyone relating to the museum and its buses but anything to do with insults or personalities is banned. You must put your e-mail on any message you post or else it will be deleted.  This is stricty enforced.  No password is required. Your message is welcome.

NO E-MAIL  NO POST

www.kellstransportmuseum.com - Irelands Operating Bus Museum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DF795

So it seems that DF795 has left Capwell and was spotted in the Greater Dublin area very recently.

What is the story here, and where is the bus going, does anyone know?

I personally doubt BE would tow it all the way to Dublin if it was a scrap bus.

It would be very nice to see it brought back to life. She was a fine machine, as I remember from trips to Cork in the late 1990s.

At the very least 795 could be used as a donor to keep some of the other few surviving VanHools on the road for years to come.

Lets hope for the best anyway.

Someone else already mentioned 454 on this message board. Is this machine going to be preserved?

Re: DF795

DF795 was scrapped in Clondalkin Metal Recyclers last week along with TE15 and VWL107.

Proof please or it didn't happen. A photo will do.

Does it make any difference you donkeys arse.

So you say she was scrapped?

I'm a bit puzzled here. Why would 795 be towed all the way to Dublin for breaking up?

Surely the cost of towing all the way from Cork to Dublin would be much greater than the scrap value of the bus?

It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Somebody mentioned on the Garaiste forum that she was sold privately

http://irishtransport.yuku.com/reply/25847/Re-Withdrawals-in-2011-and-2012#.T-oxQ5FSQvs

DAF engines make big money in Nigeria. Scrap is very high at the moment and BE use 3 appointed scrappers so distance isnt the issue as its part of the contract.

Maybe you are just assuming DF795 is now scrapped.
Oh please have a word with your mate Finbarr, he can't be too far away from you seeing as you share the ip address.

Gareth I always wondered how does a retard like yourself manage to type on a key board? Do you have sticks tied onto your stumps that allow your poke the keys?

Who rattled your cage then? You seem to be angry over something. we'll have to call you Finbarr Fury.

No Fury here my friend I just love to see a slow guy you making his way in the world

DF 795 is not scrapped , it is currently in mid restoration in north Dublin.