Return to Website

Welcome To Steven's Jack Scalia Fan Members Message Board

This forum is dedicated to my pal Jack and his friends so we can stay in touch with each other. I've gotten to know Jack personally and he's the sweetest and greatest guy I've ever met.  He's a wonderful, loyal and caring friend to all his fans. "Jack, you rock pal."   I've enjoyed putting this site together and hope you'll enjoy staying in touch with old friends as well as make new ones.  Thank you for supporting Jack and all his friends.  "Jack, we love you pal".  If you would like to join the Yahoo group, click on the photo to the left and on the main page, scroll down to the bottom to the "stevenandjackfans" button.
*************Board Rules*********************
 Please keep in mind this is a public forum anyone can access.  Feel free to say whatever you want as long as it's not degrading or hurting others.  Any derogatory or profane comments to other members or anyone else in any fashion found on this board WILL be dealt with appropriately.
Also, this forum is strictly for Jack Scalia fan members on this site.  Please do not quote or copy content from this or other web sites, as this content will be removed due to copy right restrictions.  Thank you for your understanding.

Welcome To Steven's Jack Scalia Fan Members Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jack's Involvement with Operation Velo - Ride from Seattle to San Diego

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to pass along some exciting news about what Jack is currently doing. There will be a press release on this on Wednesday, July 11th. Also, for more information, check on the follwing website at:

http://fitnesschallengeinfo.com/
http://www.operationvelo.org/

Join Emmy nominated actor Jack Scalia as he raises awareness and funding for the severely injured troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. During Operation Velo’s inaugural event beginning September 24, Scalia will ride his bike from Seattle to San Diego on a 14-day 1500-mile journey. Scalia hopes to inspire others to get involved and help. Individuals/Corporations will be able to collect pledges and ride with Jack, there will be fundraising events in cities along the route, and an on-line auction with many items donated, even the chance to win Jack’s bike.

“Our nation has asked our soldiers and their families to make sacrifices and they have... now it is our turn, as Americans, to step up and help them when they need it.” Jack Scalia

Operation Velo hopes to raise up to $50 million dollars over the next few years. Our mission is to help make a difference in the lives of soldiers and their families by providing support and funding during and after rehabilitation including ongoing programs, mentoring, scholarships, job and trade assistance, home modification, and activities and outings to improve moral.

Among those who will be on hand to support Jack beginning with a kick off press event in L.A. on July 11 are Edra Blixseth, who organized major fundraisers for 9-11 families and Katrina victims raising more than $175 million total, soldiers Mike McNaughton, Ryan Kelly, and Heath Calhoun, actor’s Bruce Willis, Gary Sinise, Jon Voight, Lee Ermey, Mariel Hemingway, and Mike Vogel (who lost a cousin in Iraq), former Congressmember’s Jack Kemp and Connie Mack, Congressmember Mary Bono, Olympic gold medalist Quincy Watts, and California Senator’s Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein. A documentary of the journey will air nationally.

The Soldiers Independence Fund has been established through the Fitness Challenge Foundation (501C3) to provide for the needs of military members and their families who have suffered significant injuries as a result of combat.

The Fitness Challenge Foundation is teaming up with Jack because mobility is key to the quality of one’s life. It is essential to the mental and physical fitness and health of any individual.

Re: Jack's Involvement with Operation Velo - Ride from Seattle to San Diego

Hi Karen!

Thank you so much for your work and news about Jack.

I have a bike at home and I ride an hour 3 times a week, but I cant be able to do this journey.LOL Jack is absolutely great!!

Have a nice evening.

Christina

Re: Re: Jack's Involvement with Operation Velo - Ride from Seattle to San Diego

Hey Christina,
The main thing is that you get out there on your bike. Although what Jack is doing takes alot of training, you would be surprised what type of mileage you could work up to. Don't sell yourself short!
Regards,
Karen