Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Major Dah among NT scholars

Three Wishes: Grace Mercy Peace.

I was shocked at the Major Dah of many NT scholars when I read one of Bishop Spong's Q & A newsletters.

In Bishop Spong's Q & A newsletter, he makes an interesting comment about the author of Colossians:
"You raise a good question. There are, however, two things that need to be settled before proceeding:
1) Did Paul write Colossians? I would say that among New Testament scholars, the Pauline authorship of Colossians is no better than about 50/50, and is declining rapidly."

My comment to such would be: I wonder what Bible such NT 'scholars' are reading, and not understanding, when the official title of Colossians in the authorized Holy Bible is: "The Epistle of Paul The Apostle To The Colossians", and the very first two verses say "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus [our] brother, To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse" ... not to mention it begins with the Pauline holy kiss: "Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." ... and furthermore not to mention the last verse of Col 3 flat out states it: "Grace with you" is the "salutation" of Paul by his own hand; which is also noted in 1Cor 16 and 2Thes 3.

I mean MAJOR dah! These literate and supposedly learned men, these so called scholars, called NT scholars, can't seem to comprehend or remember what they've read. My three year old granddaughter has better reading retention, and would soon set such adult scholars down in their Mosaic seats for a face to face if they tried to tell her other wise.

I guess I'll make a page on Pauline Epistles, noting and proving he is not only author of Colossians, and Hebrews, but also of Revelation which has his Pauline salutation, by his own hand, as the last verse.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ with you all. Amen.

Daniel Miles
www.godshew.org
www leader for 'Paul The Apostle: his salutation'